Efforts to better manage logistics typically deliver important top- and bottom-line financial improvements. For imports, inbound shipment management can include origin services, air/ocean transportation, customs clearance, drayage, ground transportation and storage. With MIQ Logistics, we’ll help you with all your inbound logistics needs. We provide you with:
- Greater understanding of the costs of products versus their transportation for better budget control.
- Enhanced visibility to order processing and inbound shipping for improved supply chain and vendor management.
- Optimized inbound transportation management for potential reductions in your transportation spend.
- Simplified reporting for greater accountability and continuous improvement.
At MIQ Logistics, we have the expertise and technologies to help you manage your inbound shipment management, leading the way toward increased productivity and financial benefits.
It’s easy to manage your inbound shipment activities with the help of MIQ Logistics. Already using us for your outbound transportation? See how bundling inbound and outbound transportation can bring you even more benefits.
Contact Us Today
Contact us at 1-877-246-4909 to learn more about Inbound Shipment Management, or submit your information here and we will contact you about our global logistics management solutions.
Improve control of your transportation budget
- Separate out shipping costs on vendor invoices
- Select your proven and preferred transportation providers
- Negotiate transportation rates based on a combined inbound / outbound volume
- Consolidate orders from multiple locations into a single, cost-effective shipment
- Avoid indiscriminate use of expedited services
- Monitor carrier invoices and claims
- Prorate costs among internal departments
- Maintain positive customer relationships with accurate shipping charges
- Evaluate comprehensive reports when planning future transportation budgets
Gain greater visibility into your supply chain
- Manage vendor shipments to your supply chain objectives (e.g., order quantities, delivery points, safety levels, etc.)
- Stabilize lean manufacturing processes
- Check vendor compliance for order fill rates and on-time shipping
- Track order status – pending, shipped, or complete
- Schedule labor based on shipment status
- Plan deliveries to minimize dock congestion
- Know to activate backup plans with notification of shipping irregularities
Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Access a single repository for all transportation activities and shipping costs
- Measure carrier performance for load tender acceptance, on-time pickups and deliveries, compliance to status updates and claims
- Audit invoices for accuracy and financial reconciliation
- Ensure proper general ledger coding