International Shipping Tools
International shipping is complex. What mode? What if you don’t need a full shipping container? What documentation and information is required? When do you need an NVOCC (non-vessel-operating common carrier)? Will current events impact delivery?
Noatum Logistics delivers the global scope, portfolio of services, knowledgeable employees and easy-to-use technologies to advance your supply chain as a competitive advantage. The following resources and links provide additional tools and information which are sure to help you in this effort. To help with your international shipping, check out the following information and links.
- Customer Center – Stay current on your shipment’s status, and conditions around the globe which might affect your supply chain.
- Transpacific Eastbound GRI – Stay current on latest General Rate Increase information for your ocean carriers.
- Glossary of Terms – Don’t let the industry’s vocabulary confuse you. Learn the meaning of commonly used terms in shipping and supply chain activities.
- Hanjin Shipping Bankruptcy Updates –Learn about information, Noatum Logistics updates, industry articles, and resources regarding the Hanjin Bankruptcy from August 2016.
- Industry News – View archives of our monthly newsletter, the Logistics Link, filled with industry trends, service updates, and events/activities.
- Noatum Logistics White Papers – Download information and analysis regarding business problems faced by those in shipping and supply chain management.
- SOLAS and VGM Updates – Read more about a law that was adopted by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) on July 1, 2016 under the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) Chapter VI, Part A, Regulation 2.
- U.S. Port Congestion 2014 & 2015 – Read more about important articles and press releases from 2014 and 2015 that talk about port congestion issues in the United States.
- Free Supply Chain Analysis – Take the first step toward enhanced product visibility and increase productivity throughout your supply chain – and it’s free!
- Legal Risk & Compliance Updates– Relevant legal and enforcement activities that affect our customers, partners and employees around the world.
Global Quotes & Booking
Find international shipping companies and shipping rates to support your business objectives and international supply chain management strategies.
International Freight Shipping Forms & Documents
Exporting and importing countries want to know who you are, what you are shipping, and to whom. Here are forms integral to the international shipping process:
International Terms of Sale
The International Chamber of Commerce created INCOTERMS as a worldwide standard for contracts of sale, expressing the rights and obligations of buyers and sellers – specifically, regarding the delivery of the goods. View an explanation of INCOTERMS 2010, which are grouped into two classes:
Security concerns and government policy changes affect import/export processes and compliance requirements. Find trade-related U.S. government websites, and their up-to-date content, at Import/Export Resources.
Cross-border commerce between the U.S. and Canada or Mexico has its own regulations and security processes. View our Cross-border Resources page for websites that answer your questions and guide you through agency requirements.
The weight and size of shipments directly affect your international shipping rates. Transportation Tools will help with shipping container specifications and calculations for air and ocean shipment volume.
Noatum Logistics is unable to transport all goods. Please visit the links below for additional details.
- Absolutely restricted – Commodities not handled by Noatum Logistics
- Restricted – Commodities requiring specialized handling and approval before booking
Noatum Logistics Disclaimers
Noatum Logistics strives to exceed customer expectations. However, international shipping companies follow government requirements, and sometimes we face conditions beyond our control. Please review our service disclaimers.
Technology Logins / Track a Shipment
Noatum Logistics PowerVIEW technology allows you to track and trace freight by shipment or container, and provides sailing schedules from U.S. ports. To access, please go to Account Login.
Supply Chain Alerts
Weather, labor strikes and regulatory changes are a few examples of conditions impacting international supply chain management. Visit the Supply Chain Alert archive page for recent and upcoming events affecting freight shipping.
Business Resources: Find currency and measurement converters, exchange rates, language translations, and times zones at our Business Resources page.
Ocean Ports & Maritime Information: Port activities can affect your international shipping ratesand delivery timelines. Learn the latest port news at Ocean Port & Maritime.