Economic activity in the manufacturing sector climbed in August; for the 15th consecutive month:
- 50 represents the dividing line between expansion and contraction for the index of the above chart; which covers the Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) and New Orders.
- The PMI reading registered 59 in August, which is an increase of 1.9% from July’s reading.
- New Orders Index registered 66.7 in August, which is 3.3% higher than July’s reading of 63.4.
Contracting Manufacturing Industries:
1. Textile Mills
Expanding Manufacturing Industries:
1. Plastics & Rubber Products
2. Furniture & Related Products
3. Fabricated Metal Products
4. Apparel, Leather & Allied Products
5. Wood Products
6. Printing & Related Support Activities
7. Miscellaneous Manufacturing
8. Paper Products
9. Petroleum & Coal Products
10. Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products
11. Nonmetallic Mineral Products
12. Chemical Products
13. Primary Metals
14. Transportation Equipment
15. Computer & Electronic Products
16. Transportation Equipment
18. Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components
>> Click here to access the entire report from ISM.