On December 23, 2019, the United States Trade Representative (USTR) issued a Notice of Product Exclusion Extension extending, for one year, 6 of the 31 exclusions originally issued on the first list of Product Exclusions: December 28, 2018. Only the 6 item exclusions listed below will be extended for one year. The remaining 25 item exclusions have expired.
The 6 products being extended are as follows:
- Drinking water coolers, self-contained (described in statistical reporting number 8418.69.0120)
- Radio transceivers, citizens band (described in statistical reporting number 8525.60.1010)
- Roller machines with dies for embossing paper, manually powered (described in statistical reporting number 8420.10.9080)
- Angle cock handle assemblies, of iron and steel, each measuring 11.43 cm by 21.59 cm by 5.08 cm and weighing 0.748 kg (described in statistical reporting number 8481.90.9040)
- Radiation therapy systems, each encased by steel-based structural shell with gantry cover comprising three pairs of plastics-based panels (described in statistical reporting number 9022.14.0000)
- Thermostats designed for air conditioning or heating systems, not designed to connect to the internet, the foregoing designed for wall mounting (described in statistical reporting number 9032.10.0030)
The scope of each exclusion is governed by the 10-digit level Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) numbers and the descriptions identified in the notice. It is important to note that these exclusions are available for any product that meets the description in the official notice regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request. If you import products that fall under these descriptions, you may claim exclusion using HTS number 9903.88.05.
Only the HTS number 9903.88.05 and the regular HTS number should be reported on entries for Section 301 List 1 excluded products. Importers should not report any other Section 301 Chapter 99 HTS numbers when HTS number 9903.88.05 is entered.
For more information, contact your Noatum Logistics USA (formerly MIQ Logistics) representative.