On Tuesday, September 17, 2019, the United States Trade Representative (USTR) office released three notices of product exclusions to the Section 301 List 1-3 products currently subject to a 25% tariff as follows:
- List 1 Notice of Product Exclusions September 17, 2019
- List 2 Notice of Product Exclusions September 17, 2019
- List 3 Notice of Product Exclusions September 17, 2019
Combined, these three notices include 437 specific product descriptions. Companies are encouraged to refer to the Annex in each of the notices to determine if any of your products are included in the 437 products specifically identified as exclusions. The scope of each exclusion is governed by the 10-digit level Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) numbers and the descriptions identified in the notice. It is important to note that these exclusions are available for any product that meets the description in the official notice, regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request.
The exclusions will be enforced as follows:
- List 1 products will be excluded from July 6, 2018, through September 20, 2020, and must be claimed by reporting HTS# 9903.88.14
- List 3 products will be excluded from August 23, 2018, through September 20, 2020, and must be claimed by reporting HTS# 9903.88.17
- List 3 products will be excluded from September 24, 2018, through August 7, 2020, and must be claimed by reporting HTS# 9903.88.18
Retroactive refunds of the Section 301 tariffs will not be automatic. Importers must submit a post-summary correction (PSC) for eligible entries made subsequent to the dates noted above. If entries have already liquidated, importers may follow liquidation protest rules.
For more information, please contact your local Noatum Logistics USA (formerly MIQ Logistics) representative.