Economic activity in the manufacturing sector climbed in July; for the 14th consecutive month:
- 50 represents the dividing line between expansion and contraction for the index of the above chart; which covers the Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) and New Orders.
- The PMI reading registered 57.1 in July, which is an increase of 1.8% from June’s reading.
- New Orders Index registered 63.4 in July, which is 4.5 % higher than June’s reading of 58.9.
Contracting Manufacturing Industries:
1. Wood Products
Expanding Manufacturing Industries:
1. Furniture & Related Products
2. Textile Mills
3. Apparel, Leather & Allied Products
4. Printing & Related Support Activities
5. Plastics & Rubber Products
6. Paper Products
7. Nonmetallic Mineral Products
8. Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products
10. Chemical Products
11. Miscellaneous Manufacturing
12. Fabricated Metal Products
13. Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components
14. Petroleum & Coal Products
15. Primary Metals
16. Transportation Equipment
17. Computer & Electronic Products
>> Click here to access the entire report from ISM.