Institute for Supply Managment (ISM) Manufacturing Report on Business:
Economic activity in the manufacturing sector continued to climb in June for the 13th consecutive month:
- 50 represents the dividing line between expansion and contraction for the index of the above chart; which covers the Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) and New Orders.
- The PMI reading registered 55.3 in June, which is a decrease of 0.1% from May’s reading.
- New Orders Index registered 58.9, which is 2.0 % higher than May’s reading of 56.9.
Contracting Manufacturing Industries:
1. Textile Mills
2. Chemical Products
3. Plastics & Rubber Products
Expanding Manufacturing Industries:
1. Furniture & Related Products
2. Nonmetallic Mineral Products
3. Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products
5. Fabricated Metal Products
6. Computer & Electronic Products
7. Transportation Equipment
8. Miscellaneous Manufacturing
9. Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components
10. Apparel, Leather & Allied Products
11. Wood Products
12. Printing & Related Support Activities
13. Petroleum & Coal Products
14. Primary Metals
15. Paper Products
>> Click here to access the full ISM Report on Business for the month of June.