MIQ Global Houston office is closed for today (Jan 16th) due to inclement winter weather. According to the National Weather Service the Houston area is currently under a Winter Storm Warning for northern portions of the Houston area, while a Winter Storm Advisory is in effect for southern portions of the area. These advisories are in effect until midnight tonight, but may be replaced by a Hard Freeze Warning before this afternoon. Due to the fact that the National Weather Service has advised to avoid traveling, our MIQ Global Houston office will remain closed.
Port Status and Closures:
- MIQ Logistics Global Houston – Temporarily closed beginning Tuesday January 16th, but will reopen on Wednesday January 17th, when it is safe for our employees to return to our facility. We want to reassure our customers that MIQ Logistics has supply chain experts standing by to receive your calls or inquiries. Whether your query is regarding shipments that are in transit, rerouted, or still in the planning phase, please make note of the direction for calls or emails for today:
- Ph#: 281-219-1902
- Imports: IAHimport@miq.com
- Exports: IAHexport@miq.com
- Port of Houston – The port of Houston container terminal is closing at noon today. Truck in-gates will close at 12:00 p.m.; vessel operations will continue.
>> Click here to read more.
- IAH (George Bush Intercontinental Airport) – Severe weather in the Houston area has resulted in numerous cancellations and delays of inbound and outbound flights at both George Bush Intercontinental Airport and William P. Hobby Airport. The Houston Airports advises all passengers to contact their carrier for more detailed flight information.
>> Click here.
MIQ will continue to monitor the situation in south central TX and will provide additional updates as they are available. For more information, please contact your local MIQ Logistics representative.