In our ongoing effort to provide status updates regarding MIQ Global Houston, we are alerting our customers that the Global branch will remain closed through Friday September 1st. MIQ holds the safety and well being of our employees in the highest degree. While we are aiming to reopen the office on Tuesday September 5th, we will only do so once emergency officials have advised that it is safe to move about. MIQ does not anticipate that our office will be fully staffed during the first week of September, as the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey has impacted our Global Houston employees.
Until further notice please continue following the Global Houston’s Business Continuity Plan: We want to reassure our customers that MIQ Logistics has supply chain experts standing by to receive your calls or inquiries. Whether your query is regarding shipments that are in transit, rerouted, or still in the planning phase, please make note of the direction for calls or emails going forward:
- General cargo business that is typically handled by MIQ Global Houston, will temporarily be handled by MIQ Global Chicago.
Global Chicago Ph#773-824-2385
- Project Logistics & LATAM business that is typically handled by MIQ Global Houston, will temporarily be handled by MIQ Global Miami.
Global Miami Ph#305-888-1600
Port Status and Closures:
- IAH (George Bush Intercontinental Airport) – Commercial operations have ceased at both IAH and HOU until further notice due to severe weather. No inbound or outbound https://www.miq.com/wp-admin/edit-comments.phpflights from either airport at this time. >> Click here.
- Port of Houston: All Port Houston facilities are closed today August 30th due to continued weather impact across Houston. >> Click here.
- LTL (less-than-truckload) and Truckload Operations: MIQ continues to receive reports of suspended operations for pickup and delivery at terminals in Corpus Christi, McAllen, Harlingen, Victoria, San Antonio, Houston, Galveston, Freeport, Laredo, and Texas City.