The MIQ Logistics team is working with Chemetics, a Jacobs company, that is currently delivering engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for a sulphuric acid plant project in Peru.
MIQ project teams in Peru and China are working together to make the multi-phased project a success. The first part of the project takes place in China, where MIQ is transporting multiple over-dimensional pieces of equipment. The largest piece weighs 118 tons, with the dimensions 24 meters (length) x 5 meters (width) x 5 meters (height). View the video below to learn more about how MIQ:
- Arranges the pick-up of several over-dimensional pieces at the Chinese factory
- Manages all road improvements and heavy transport to local port
- Loads the pieces on a barge
- Transports via barge to Shanghai Port
- Loads onto a break bulk vessel by moving alongside the barge at a loading operation in Shanghai Port
- Departs Shanghai Port to transport to Peru via the vessel, BBC Pearl, with an ETA of June 5, 2018