MIQ Logistics continues to monitor the status of Hurricane Irma as it is currently north of Puerto Rico and is expected to pass north of the coast of the Dominican Republic later today. Irma remains a category 5 at this moment as it approaches Florida going into the weekend.
The U.S. Coast Guard has ordered Port Condition Whiskey for the Ports of Miami, Miami River, Port Everglades, Port of Palm Beach, Port of Ft. Pierce, and all other terminals and facilities within Sector of Miami’s responsibility.
Additionally, MIQ has received carrier notifications indicating important status updates from certain ocean carriers:
- Port of Miami – Some ocean carriers have begun closing their gates in Miami, with vessel operations remaining operational through Friday at 12:00 (noon) e.t. >> Clickhere for website.
- Port Everglades – Some ocean carriers have indicated that the gates are open for pick-up only, with vessel operations ceasing temporarily. Gates are extended for the rest of the day for pick up only. >> Click here for website.
- Port of Jacksonville – JAXPORT’s Access Control Center will be closed on Friday Sept 8th and Monday Sept 11th. >> Click here for website.
- MIA – Miami International Airport – While the airport is currently operational, you can access the MIA website here.MIQ Global Business Continuity Plan for Miami and Doral: MIQ Global Miami and Doral closed as of 1:00 p.m. e.t. today (Sept 7th), and will remain closed through Sunday Sept 10th, or until we have verified that it is safe for our employees to return to their global facilities. We want to reassure our customers that MIQ Logistics has supply chain experts standing by to receive your calls or inquiries. Whether your query is regarding shipments that are in transit, rerouted, or still in the planning phase, please make note of the direction for calls or emails going forward:
- General cargo business that is typically handled by MIQ Global Miami or Doral will temporarily be handled by MIQ Global Atlanta.
Global Atlanta Ph#770-996-6930
- Project Logistics & LATAM business that is typically handled by MIQ Global Miami or MIQ Global Doral will temporarily be handled by MIQ Global Houston.
Global Houston Ph#281-219-1902
Details from Hurricane Irma Public Advisory Number 34A
The National Hurricane Center issued Advisory #34A at 2:00 p.m. AST (1800 UTC). “The distinct eye of Hurricane Irma was located near latitude 20.7 North, longitude 70.4 West. Irma is moving toward the west-northwest near 16 mph (26 km/h), and this general motion is expected to continue for the next couple of days with some decrease in forward speed. On the forecast track, the eye of Irma should continue to move between Hispaniola and the Turks and Caicos this afternoon. The hurricane will then move across the southeastern Bahamas by this evening, and then be near the central Bahamas by Friday. >> Click hereto read more.
MIQ will continue to monitor the situation and provide additional updates as they are available. For more information, please contact your local MIQ Logistics representative.
Below image sourced from the National Hurricane Center.