Dear colleagues & partners,
China’s financial hub of Shanghai announced the city will lock down in two stages to carry out COVID-19 testing over a nine-day period, with the eastern side of the city under restrictions from Monday until 1 April, and the western side from 1-5 April.
From 5am on Monday, a full lockdown will first be imposed on Pudong, Punan and adjacent areas to carry out nucleic acid testing. The lockdown here will be lifted at 5am on 1 April.
During the lockdown, all residential communities will be closed. All residents are required to stay at home. People and vehicles will only be allowed to enter but not exit the neighborhoods.
All local companies within the lockdown areas must conduct closed-door operations or allow staff to work from home. Public service companies, such as those dealing with water, electricity, fuel, gas, communication, transportation, meat and vegetable supplies, however, will continue to operate.
Following is to be shared about our current air & ocean operations after Pudong area being blocked:
1) There are over 96% flights cancelled since this morning, CV cancelled all flights till next week
2) Cargo arrived by last midnight will be arranged once airlines confirm their schedule
3) Pickup and deliveries are suspended
4) Quotation is not available due to the flights cancellations and all deliveries being suspended
5) Our warehouse is still open to receive cargo in case shippers can arrange deliveries
1) Warehouse closed from 28 March to 1 April
2) Depot for empty pick-ups suspended for nucleic acid testing
3) Trucking-out from Shanghai is suspended from 28 March to 1 April
4) Terminal under normal operation and drivers are requested to take 48 hours valid nucleic acid report.
5) Paperless customs declaration is under normal operation, while customs examination is suspended until further notice
6) No sailing cancellations from carriers so far
Noatum staff will keep monitoring the situation and keep everyone posted as accurate as possible.
In case of any questions, please feel free to get in touch with us.
Manager, Global Network Development – Asia
If you have any questions, please contact your local Noatum Logistics representative.