International transportation continues to be impacted by the India – Pakistan conflict. The MIQ India team has shared the following Information:
- India airspace remains open and airports are operational.
- Cargo space and the air lift situation in India has stabilized from all locations, except Delhi.
- Delhi continues to be affected, as carriers experience payload challenges due to rerouting of flights around the Pakistani airspace closure.
- Carriers departing India to Europe, and carriers operating via Europe to various destinations such as Latin America, North America and Africa are still being severely impacted. These carriers are often reducing or eliminating cargo loads, to accommodate the additional fuel needed for re-routed flights.
- Disruptions are likely to persist over the coming days as carriers address large backlogs of passengers and freight.
MIQ will continue to monitor any service delays and/or routing changes that can impact transit times. We will provide updates as they become available.
For more information, please contact your local MIQ Logistics representative.