MIQ Logistics is a proud member of the U.S. Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) program. C-TPAT is joint government-business initiative directed at companies who participate in international trade and transportation.
C-TPAT is one of the many layers of U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) multi-layered cargo enforcement strategy. Through C-TPAT, CBP works with the trade community to strengthen international supply chains and improve United States border security.
C-TPAT was launched in 2001 and today there are more than 11,400 certified partners including MIQ. Partners include U.S. importers / exporters; U.S. / Canada / Mexico highway carriers; rail and sea carriers; U.S. Customs brokers; U.S. marine port authority / terminal operators; U.S. freight forwarders; ocean transportation intermediaries and non-operating common carriers; and Mexican and Canadian manufacturers.
C-TPAT is voluntary with no direct fee to participate. When an entity joins C-TPAT, the member agrees to work with CBP to protect the supply chain, identify security gaps, and implement specific security measures and best practices. C-TPAT Partners enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Reduced number of CBP examinations
- Front of the line inspections
- Possible exemption from Stratified Exams
- Shorter wait times at the border
- Assignment of a CBP Supply Chain Security Specialist (SCSS)
- Access to the Free and Secure Trade (FAST) Lanes at the land borders
- Access to the C-TPAT Web-based portal system
- Recognition status by foreign governments participating in the Mutual Recognition trusted trader program
- Eligibility for other U.S. government pilot programs
- Business resumption priority following a natural disaster or terrorist attack
- Priority consideration at CBP’s industry-focused Centers of Excellence and Expertise
Information on the C-TPAT Program can be found on CBP’s website.
For more information on how to become a C-TPAT member contact your local MIQ Logistics Representative.