Beginning Monday night and running through Tuesday, a major nor’easter is forecasted to impact several states in the northeastern U.S. Blizzard conditions are expected to bring heavy snow and strong winds affecting many areas including, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., New York, New Jersey, and most of New England. According to the National Weather Service, “The heaviest snowfall is expected to occur from the northern Middle Atlantic to Southern New England where 12 to 18 inches can be expected with localized amounts up to 2 feet. Strong winds could down trees and cause power outages”.
With a strong possibility that travel will be impacted over the next few days, MIQ has already received closure notifications for the following ports for Tuesday March 14th:
- Port of New Jersey
- Port of New York
- Packer Avenue Marine Terminal (Port of Philadelphia Terminals)
- Tioga Marine Terminal (Closed for Trucks)
- Pier 84 (Port Philadelphia Terminals)
- Pier 82 (Port of Philadelphia Terminals)
- The Transportation Security Admin (TWIC Office – Philadelphia Terminals)
Additionally, the following airlines have issued closures:
- “All Virgin Atlantic flights to and from Boston, Washington, New York – JFK and Newark will be cancelled tomorrow, Tuesday March 14th”.
- “Our cargo facilities in Boston, Newark and New York – JFK will be closing from midnight tonight and will re-open on Wednesday”.
Delta Cargo has placed an embargo on all Delta Cargo products beginning tonight 3/13 at 11:59 p.m. ET through 3/14 at 11:59 p.m. E.T. due to the weather event:
- Baltimore, MD (BWI)
- Boston, MA (BOS)
- Hartford, CT (BDL)
- Newark, NJ (EWR)
- New York, NY (JFK & LGA)
- Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
- Providence, RI (PVD)
- Washington, D.C. (IAD & DCA)
Delta Cargo has placed an embargo on Delta Cargo Boston beginning 3/14 at 11:59 p.m. ET through 3/15 12:00 (noon) ET.
MIQ Logistics will continue to monitor for port and airport closures and will send out additional notifications as we are advised. If you have additional questions, feel free to contact your local MIQ Logistics representative.