Winter weather continues to impact supply chain operations from Texas to Georgia. For Wednesday (Jan 17th) our MIQ Global Houston branch will open on a delayed start; opening their doors at 12:00 (noon). Additionally, our MIQ Global Atlanta branch will be closed today due to the storm which has brought about a state of emergency in central and north Georgia.
Gov. Nathan Deal issued a state of emergency on Tuesday night for 83 counties. As of 8:06 a.m. e.t. there were reports from AJC.com that over 250 flights had been delayed and another 190 cancelations at ATL Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
Houston: According to the National Weather Service the Houston area remains under a Hard Freeze warning which is in effect until 10:00 a.m. c.t. Reports (shown below) indicate that other port terminal operations are also planning to resume operations at 1:00 p.m. c.t. today.
Atlanta: According to the National Weather Service, a Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4:00 p.m. for some portions of Georgia.
Airport / Port Status and Closures:
- MIQ Global Houston Scheduled to reopen at 12:00 (noon) on Wednesday Jan 17th.
- Port of Houston: According to the Port of Houston website, operations including the container terminals, Turning Basin Facilities and the Executive Office Building will reopen at 1:00 p.m. c.t. 1/17.
- IAH (George Bush Intercontinental Airport) – “Both George Bush Intercontinental Airport and William P. Hobby Airport are open, but severe weather in and around the Houston area has resulted in numerous cancellations and delays of inbound and outbound flights. The Houston Airports advises all passengers to contact their carrier for more detailed flight information and confirm their flight status before coming to the airport.” >> Click here.
- MIQ Global Atlanta Will remain closed on Wednesday Jan 17th.
- ATL (Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport) According to the ATL media center, “passengers should continue to monitor their airlines for flight status”.
MIQ will continue to monitor the situation in both south-central TX and the southeast, and will provide additional updates as they are available. For more information, please contact your local MIQ Logistics representative.