During the month of November 2018, MIQ Logistics was involved in a number of events throughout the logistics industry. Read educational opportunities, regulatory updates, industry updates, services offered by MIQ, and events that will be taking place in the November 2018 logistics link.
Tariffs … How Policy Changes Will Impact Your Family Entertainment Center (FEC) – MIQ / Redemption Plus Podcast
As experts in global trade management and compliance, the MIQ Logistics team of experts is often asked to share their knowledge and participate in trade shows, educational events, news stories, and training. A recent Tchotchke Talk Podcast hosted by Redemption Plus, Tariffs … How Policy Changes will Impact your FEC, featured Kevin Ekstrand, MIQLogistics’ Sr. Director Business Development and Trade Compliance. Read more.
On November 08, 2018, a second BNSF train derailed on the San Bernardino subdivision between Prado Dam and Esperanza, CA, impacting BNSF main line tracks. The first main track was opened on November 08, 2018, at 7:20 a.m. CST, and the second main track was opened on November 08, 2018, at 12:30 p.m. CST. Read more.
Imports at the nation’s major retail container ports have slowed down from their pre-holiday peak but remain at unusually high levels as retailers continue bringing in merchandise before tariffs increase in January, according to the monthly Global Port Tracker report released today by the National Retail Federation and Hackett Associates. Read more.
Economic activity in the manufacturing sector expanded in October, and the overall economy grew for the 114th consecutive month, say the nation’s supply executives in the latest Manufacturing ISM® Report On Business®. Read more.
About Our Los Angeles, California (LAX) Area Facility
Global Logistics Service Center (Gardena, CA)
- Air and ocean international freight forwarding services to and from all major global markets
- Project logistics delivering comprehensive end-to-end solutions for oversized and out-of-gauge shipments
- TSA-compliant air cargo screening
- Customs Brokerage and Notary Public service by experienced compliance professionals available
- Order Management Program manages the efficient flow of goods and information between international origins and destinations
- Global Trade Management Services that assist and support sourcing decisions and reduce supply chain disruptions
Staff & Operations
- Experienced import and export logistics professionals
- Knowledgeable Supply Chain Solutions and Project Logistics professionals
- Experienced local management team
- Certified Licensed Customs Brokers
- Team members fluent in English, Spanish, Mandarin, Filipino, German
- Regular Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm; Monday through Friday
- Global track and trace capabilities by shipment or container, and sailing schedules
- PowerView provides end-to-end supply chain visibility and purchase order management
MIQ Warehouse Facility and Services (Compton, CA)
- Import / Export handling, storage and distribution, and value-added services
- Warehouse management system
- Export container loading, blocking and bracing
- In-transit hazmat shipment handling
- Pick and pack operations
- Kitting and order fulfillment
- Custom crating and specialized handling
- 30,000 sq. ft. – Fenced Yard
- 34,000 sq. ft. – Warehouse Space
- 1,500 sq. ft. – Covered Loading Dock
- 4 Dock High Positions
- Sprinkler System Throughout
- CCTV Internet Access and 24 x 7 Security Alarm System
- 2 – 52,000 lbs. Heavyweight Forklifts
- 1 – 3,000 lbs. Forklift
- Inventory Control Services
- Freight Manipulation Services available, e.g., kitting, de-kitting, relabeling, repacking
- Purchase order management
- Oversize and project cargo handling
- High-end and high-value logistics
- Pick and pack services
- Re-packing and crating services available
Join us on December 12 from 11:30 – 1:00 PM CT at The Downtown Club in Houston, TX for an informative luncheon about trade wars.
In this session, we will attempt to untangle and clarify the various trade actions that the USA has recently taken. We will discuss the effects on trade and transportation and what you can do to address the impact on your business.