Read MIQ updates and industry news in the April 2016 Logistics Link.
MIQ Logistics and Husch Blackwell will hold an afternoon seminar in St. Louis focused on issues in U.S. international trade policy, specifically: the proposed Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP); the recently enacted Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015; and, the stalled Miscellaneous Tariff Bill (MTB). Get more information here.
The online application for the MIQ Logistics Scholarship ($2,500) through CSCMP’s San Francisco Roundtable is now open. San Francisco Bay Area college undergraduate and graduate students working towards a degree in supply chain management or logistics are eligible to apply. Access the application here.
“The U.S. LEI increased slightly in February, after back-to-back monthly declines, but housing permits, stock prices, consumer expectations, and new orders remain sources of weakness,” said Ataman Ozyildirim, Director of Business Cycles and Growth Research at The Conference Board.
- SOLAS: Shippers are now required to provide the Verified Gross Mass of containers carrying cargo before those containers can be loaded aboard a vessel. Read more here.
- The Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 became Public Law No: 114-125 on February 24, 2016. The Act includes a number of significant customs and trade-related reforms that will affect virtually every segment of the U.S. economy for years to come. Read the provisions here.
- The Trans Pacific Partnership trade agreement has been signed after 7 years of negotiations. The TPP will create the world’s largest free-trade zone. Read more here.
- The Obama administration announced the easing of another set of sactions on Cuba. Nonetheless, the Cuba embargo remains in place. Most transactions continue to be prohibited. Learn more now.
Are you in need of logistics services near Miami?
- Gateway to Latin America covering all markets in South America, Central America and The Caribbean
- Air exports via cargo and passenger aircrafts
- Ocean exports / imports LCL and FCL
- Transport and Distribution within North America for LTL and FTL including oversize and hazardous materials
- Customs Brokerage
- Warehouse Value Added Services
- Bonded facility, IBEC and CFS
Staff & Operations
- 25+ Logistics Professionals
- Experienced Management
- Multi-cultural team – English / Spanish / Portuguese
- Flexible operation: 6 am to 7 pm, Monday to Sundays
- End-to-end supply chain visibility
- Interfaces with customer’s ERP
- Warehouse Management System
- EDI capable
- Automatic dimensional weighting
- Global track and trace