In the start of the new year, a lot has happened with MIQ Logistics and in the global logistics industry as a whole. The January 2017 Logistics Link from MIQ Logistics gives insights into MIQ in the News, industry updates, services provided by MIQ, and events that will be occurring in the near future.
MIQ Logistics is pleased to announce the opening of a newly constructed global logistics facility in Houston, located at 8575 Volta Dr, Humble, TX 77338. The new facility is 56,404 square feet, featuring a value-added warehouse, one acre secured storage yard, and 3,500 square feet bonded cage. The facility also includes an area for crating and packing and office space for the local MIQ import, export, and project logistics professionals. Read more.
We recently released a video about our Core Values. At MIQ Logistics, we believe that adherence to our Core Values, as well as pride in our work and company, continuous improvement, and responsiveness, will lead us to continued growth. Read more about our Core Values or watch the video below:
President-Elect Trump has complained repeatedly about the unfair advantage enjoyed by nearly all of America’s trading partners, almost all of whom employ consumption-based value-added taxes (VAT) as a revenue source. Read more.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) designed the eManifest initiative to modernize and improve cross-border commercial processes. When fully implemented, eManifest will require all carriers, freight forwarders and importers to electronically transmit advance commercial information about their shipments. Read more.
U.S. Economic Update
“Consumer Confidence improved further in December, due solely to increasing Expectations which hit a 13-year high (Dec. 2003, 107.4),” said Lynn Franco, Director of Economic Indicators at The Conference Board. Read more.
December 2016 Manufacturing ISM Report on Business: Economic activity in the manufacturing sector expanded in December, and the overall economy grew for the 91st consecutive month.
Global Market Update
U.S. import update: “An atypical late in the year holiday season bump was evident, based on data issued this week in the most recent edition of the Port Tracker report issued by the National Retail Federation (NRF) and maritime consultancy Hackett Associates.” Read more.
- Premium air, ocean and rail international freight forwarding services.
- Project logistics delivering comprehensive, end-to-end solutions
- TSA-compliant Air Cargo Screening
- Bonded facility by U.S. Customs
- Customs Brokerage and Notary Public serviced by experienced compliance professionals
- Order Management Program manages the efficient flow of goods and information between international origins and destinations
- Global Trade Management Services that assist informed sourcing decisions and reduce supply chain disruptions
- Value-added services to support additional global logistics need
Warehousing and Distribution Center
- Import/Export handling, storage & distribution, and value-added services.
- Warehouse management system
- Export container loading, blocking and bracing
- Pick and pack operations
- Kitting and order fulfillment
- Custom crating and specialized handling
Value-Added Service Projects
- Inventory, kitting, de-kitting, relabeling, repacking
- Purchase order management
- Oversize & Project cargo handling
- Steel or plastic banding of boxes or pallets
- High-end and high-value logistics
- Pick and pack of various commodities
- Storage and handling of display fixtures
Missouri Association of Manufacturers (MAM): Gearing Up Conference & 2017 Annual Meeting: Springfield, MO: February 1, 2017