During the month of March 2019, MIQ Logistics was involved in a number of events throughout the logistics industry. Read MIQ news, industry updates, services offered by MIQ, and events that will be taking place in the March 2019 logistics link.
MIQ In The News
Noatum Logistics, the Noatum Maritime division specialising in logistics, international transport and customs, has signed a definitive agreement to acquire MIQ Logistics, which is based in the USA and has 60 plus offices in 19 countries. The agreement is expected to close in the coming weeks.
Once the agreement has been concluded, Noatum Logistics will have made a strategic leap as one of the world’s leading companies in its field, contributing greater added value to the logistics chain of all clients. Read more.
On Wednesday, March 20, 2019, the United States Trade Representative (USTR) office released a second Notice of Product Exclusions to the Section 301 List 1 products currently subject to a 25% tariff. Read more.
International transportation continues to be impacted by the India – Pakistan conflict. Read what the MIQ India team has shared in this Supply Chain Alert. Read more.
In a press release dated March 4, 2019, the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) announced “the United States intends to terminate India’s and Turkey’s designation as beneficiary developing countries under the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) program because they no longer comply with the statutory eligibility criteria.” Read more.
With the retail industry in its annual lull between seasons and plans for a tariff increase on hold, imports at the nation’s major retail container ports are expected to drop to their lowest level in almost a year this month, according to the monthly Global Port Tracker report released today by the National Retail Federation and Hackett Associates. Read more.
Economic activity in the manufacturing sector expanded in February, and the overall economy grew for the 118th consecutive month, say the nation’s supply executives in the latest Manufacturing ISM Report On Business. Read more.
About Our Atlanta, GA Facility
- Premium air, ocean, and rail international freight forwarding services to and from all major global markets
- Project logistics delivering comprehensive, end-to-end solutions for oversized and out-of-gauge shipments
- TSA-compliant air cargo screening
- Order Management Program manages the efficient flow of goods and information between international origins and destinations
- Customs support provided by an experienced team of MIQ Licensed Customs Brokers and compliance professionals
- Global Trade Management services support informed sourcing decisions and reduce supply chain disruptions
- Value-added services to support additional global logistics needs
- Account Management Program
- Logistics Engineering including routing / network analysis and solution design
- Origin Services including vendor consolidation, kitting, and labeling
- Destination distribution and DC bypass
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Import and export logistics professionals
- Supply chain professionals, including experienced MIQ Logistics regional, sales, and branch management personnel
- Licensed Customs Brokers
- Office is located in a LEED-certified facility
- Located in the southwest quadrant of the I-85 Camp Creek Parkway interchange, adjacent to the Georgia International Convention Center and the new ATL SkyTrain rail station
- Less than three miles from the Atlanta International Airport
- Regular Hours: 8:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Global track and trace capabilities by shipment or container, and sailing schedules
- PowerView provides end-to-end supply chain visibility and purchase order management
Houston, Texas, USA
May 6 – 9, 2019