The November 2016 Logistics Link contains industry news and recent MIQ Logistics updates.
A recent report shows MIQ Logistics continues to deliver exceptional service amid the evolution in domestic transportation management (DTM) and freight brokerage. MIQ Logistics ranks 35 in the Top 100 U.S. DTM/Freight Broker list from Armstrong & Associates. Read more.
Andy Martin, MIQ Vice President & Managing Director of EMEA, was featured in the September 2016 issue of Forwarder Magazine. In the article, Martin talks about how he started at MIQ Logistics, as well as what the future holds for the company. Read more.
- “U.S. LEI increased in September, reversing its August decline, which together with the pickup in the six-month growth rate suggests that the economy should continue expanding at a moderate pace through early 2017.” Read more.
- October 2016 Manufacturing ISM Report on Business: Economic activity in the manufacturing sector expanded in October, and the overall economy grew for the 89th consecutive month
- Transpacific Eastbound General Rate Increase (GRI) and Peak Season Surcharge (PSS), and Bunker Fuel Adjustments
- U.S. import update: “With the holiday shopping season officially under way, imports at the nation’s major retail container ports are expected to be up 4.4 percent this month over the same time last year and should see a slightly larger increase next month, according to the monthly Global Port Tracker report released today by the National Retail Federation and Hackett Associates.” Read more.
Global Trade Compliance Seminars
MIQ Logistics held multiple international trade seminars in 2016 covering various global trade compliance topics including: the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), Miscellaneous Tariff Bill (MTB), the Hanjin Bankruptcy, the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement (TFTE) Act of 2015, Cuba Relations, INCOTERMS and more.
Paul Fitzpatrick, MIQ Managing Director of Global Trade Management, was the main MIQ presenter at these seminars. Paul is both a licensed customs broker and an attorney, and has over 40 years of experience in the industry. He assists our customers with compliance assessments, trade agreement eligibility advice, customs valuation and classification guidance, customized compliance training, and other global trade consulting. Paul has obtained more than 20 favorable rulings on behalf of clients in both the US and Canada, several of which were precedential and/or revoked prior rulings.
- Trade Agreements
- Hanjin Bankruptcy
- The Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015
Contact MIQ if you would like the full videos or more details on our Global Trade Management Services.