Welcome to the December 2014 Logistics Link, the MIQ Logistics monthly newsletter
MIQ LOGISTICS UPDATES
MIQ Logistics was named a top 40 service provider in Inbound Logistics magazine’s recent Who’s Who in Airfreight Forwarding guide. This is the fifth consecutive year Inbound Logistics has included MIQ Logistics in its annual listing. Read more.
Supply Chain Executive Dvorak Named VP Global Services, North America
Clint Dvorak was named to the newly created position of vice president Global Services, North America for MIQ Logistics. Dvorak, based in Chicago, Ill., is responsible for operations and sales and the organization’s overall development in North America. Read more.
MIQ San Francisco Moves to New Location
Effective 12/15/14, the MIQ Logistics San Francisco office will now be located at 601 Gateway Blvd., Suite 1220, South San Francisco, CA 94080.
LOGISTICS INDUSTRY TRENDS
U.S. Economic Update
- The Conference Board reported that the LEI rose sharply in October, with all components gaining over the previous six months.
- ISM Manufacturing Report on Business showed economic activity in the manufacturing sector grew in November for the 18th consecutive month.
Transportation Market Update
- Hours of Service Update: FMCSA issues an official notice of suspension of the restart provision.
- Cass Freight Index for November showed a drop in total freight expenditures of 0.7 percent and a corresponding decline in shipment volumes of 0.2 percent.
- Freight TSI rose for the fourth consecutive month in October.
- North American Transportation Updates are now available in a central location on miq.com.
Global Market Update
- U.S. Port Congestion and Ocean Market Updates on miq.com provides a central location for resources and information on ILWU-PMA contract negotiations, carrier announcements and industry articles. Visit regularly for for the latest updates.
- U.S. import volumes at ports covered by the Global Port Tracker report is expected to total 1.37 million containers this month as the holiday shipping cycle winds down.
- Transpacific Eastbound General Rate Increase (GRI), Peak Season Surcharge (PSI) and Bunker Fuel Adjustments announced levels from the carriers are listed below.
With locations and coverage throughout Asia, MIQ Logistics has the in-country expertise, relationships and systems to give customers reliability and control over their supply chains, whether goods are in inventory or in transit.
Strong relationships with airlines and ocean carriers ensure our ability to find transportation capacity for you, regardless of destination or transit speed. Should you want an integrated approach, our network spans in and between most international trade lanes for end-to-end solutions with global visibility.
Our sophisticated technology systems elevate traditional supply chain activities to bring greater value to your operations. Our customers typically experience this through cost savings, improved decision-making, and enhanced service to their customers.
MIQ Logistics has customers in all major industry verticals, including retail, electronics, packaged goods, mining and energy, and we can engineer a solution to meet your specific needs.
EVENTS AND UPDATES
Events we are attending
- Retail Supply Chain Conference 2015 (RILA): 2/22 – 2/25/15, Orlando, FL, Booth 233
- Georgia Logistics Summit 2015: 3/31 – 4/01/15, Atlanta, GA, Booth 18