Welcome to the October 2014 Logistics Link, the MIQ Logistics monthly newsletter
MIQ LOGISTICS UPDATES
Global Trade magazine named MIQ Logistics one of America’s Top 3PLs (third-party logistics providers) and one of the Top 10 providers in its Most Versatile category in their September/October 2014 issue. Read more at Global Trade magazine.
LOGISTICS INDUSTRY TRENDS
- The Conference Board said the outlook for improving employment and further income growth are expected to support the moderate expansion in the U.S economy for the remainder of the year.
- ISM Manufacturing Report on Business showed many of the indexes had a decreased reading month over month, but the readings still indicated growth or expansion in each area.
- ATA Truck Tonnage Index unchanged in September
- Cass Freight Index for September showed a drop in North American shipment volume and a slight increase in total freight expenditures
- Freight TSI reaches all-time high in August.
- Intermodal Rail volumes for the last three weeks of September were the highest on record for U.S. railroads
- U.S.-NAFTA freight flows exceeded $100 billion in August for the sixth consecutive month
- U.S. import volumes at the nation’s major retail container ports is expected to see a final surge and set a new monthly record in October.
- Transpacific Eastbound General Rate Increase (GRI) and Bunker Fuel Adjustments announced levels from the carriers are listed below.
U.S. Port Congestion
MIQ Logistics has created a central location on miq.com for Ocean Freight Forwarding Market Updates, providng easy access to information.
Since congestion and delays at many U.S. ports, specifically Long Beach and Los Angeles, is increasing, we are focusing on this topic initially. We have collected useful resources and information on the port congestion for your reference, but please contact us with specific questions pertaining to your shipments and your supply chain.
EVENTS AND UPDATES
- Retail Supply Chain Conference 2015 (RILA): 2/22 – 2/25/15, Orlando, FL, Booth 233
- Georgia Logistics Summit 2015: 3/31 – 4/01/15, Atlanta, GA, Booth 18