Welcome to the September 2014 Logistics Link, the MIQ Logistics monthly newsletter
MIQ LOGISTICS UPDATES
MIQ Logistics is attending and exhibiting at the Breakbulk Americas 2014 forum that is currently taking place through October 2, 2014 in Houston, TX. If you are at BreakBulk, stop by booth 1772 to learn about our experience with project logistics.
LOGISTICS INDUSTRY TRENDS
- The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index®, which had increased in August, declined in September.
- Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Manufacturing Report on Business showed economic activity in the manufacturing sector continued to climb in August for the 15th consecutive month.
- ATA Truck Tonnage Index hit New Record High In August
- Cass Freight Index shows U.S. shipment volumes increased and shipment expenditures declined in August.
- Freight TSI rose 0.9 percent in July from June, rising after a one-month decline.
- U.S.-NAFTA freight movement had biggest gain in June.
- Chassis Shortages At Major U.S. Ports
- U.S. Import Volumes at U.S. ports covered by Global Port Tracker are expected to total 1.47 million containers in September.
- Transpacific Eastbound General Rate Increase (GRI) and Bunker Fuel Adjustments announced levels from the carriers are listed below.
*note: Carriers are currently charging a Peak Season Surcharge; PSS levels vary by carrier and lane.
- Update on Personal Liability for Incorrect Customs Declarations: Any individual directly involved in the import process may have personal liability for incorrect Customs declarations, according to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- China Broadens VAT Exemption for International Freight Forwarding Services: China’s State Administration of Taxation (SAT) issued guidance (Bulletin 42) that extends VAT-exempt treatment to all international freight forwarding services. The new rules went into effect on September 1, 2014.
- Important message from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Food Facility Registration and Reportable Food Registry.
International Supply Chain is a fully integrated logistics-service offering designed to deliver value by combining services across MIQ Logistics to create a complete end-to-end solution. We link your origin supply chain with your destination markets’ ever-changing logistics needs, drawing on our service portfolio, in-country professionals, global network, and technologies.
The MIQ Logistics account management teams, along with state-of-the-art technologies, manage the entire solution through our Control-Tower contact structure.
Origin logistics facilities located in all key-sourcing regions provide specialized services ranging from purchase order management and consolidation, to sourcing support and assembly.
Our supply chain experts design, implement, and manage services in partnership with our customers. This model, and comprehensive approach, creates real value throughout the supply chain by reducing costs and improving efficiencies.
EVENTS AND UPDATES
Breakbulk Americas 2014: 9/29-10/02/14, Houston, TX, Booth 1772
Retail Supply Chain Conference 2015 (RILA): 2/22 – 2/25/15, Orlando, FL, Booth 233