Welcome to the January 2015 Logistics Link, the MIQ Logistics monthly newsletter
MIQ LOGISTICS UPDATES
Please nominate MIQ Logistics for this year’s list of 100 Great Supply Chain Partners, which will be published in the July/August issue of SupplyChainBrain magazine. Vote here.
Visit MIQ Logistics at RILA Supply Chain Conference
MIQ Logistics will be the 2015 RILA Supply Chain Conference February 22 to 25 in Orlando, FL. If you plan to be at the conference as well, stop by booth 233 to visit with an MIQ Logistics representative. Read more.
LOGISTICS INDUSTRY TRENDS
U.S. Economic Update
- The Conference Board reported December’s gain in the LEI was driven by a majority of its components, suggesting the short-term outlook is getting brighter and the economy continues to build momentum.
- ISM Manufacturing Report on Business showed economic activity in the manufacturing sector expanded in December for the 19th consecutive month, and the overall economy grew for the 67th consecutive month.
Transportation Market Update
- ATA Truck Tonnage Index unchanged in December, up 3.5% for 2014.
- Cass Freight Indexes for December followed expected seasonal trends with a 6.3 percent drop in shipment volume and a matching 6.7 percent decline in freight spending.for November showed a drop in total freight expenditures of 0.7 percent and a corresponding decline in shipment volumes of 0.2 percent.
- U.S.- NAFTA Freight totaled $108.2 billion in October 2014, which was the highest month on record for the value of U.S.-NAFTA trade flows.
- North American Transportation Updates are now available in a central location on miq.com.
Global Market Update
- U.S. Port Congestion and Ocean Market Updates on miq.com provides a central location for resources and information on ILWU-PMA contract negotiations, carrier announcements and industry articles. Visit regularly for for the latest updates.
- U.S. import volumes at ports covered by the Global Port Tracker report are expected to continue to rise during most of the first half of 2015 despite significant congestion still impacting West Coast ports.
- Transpacific Eastbound General Rate Increase (GRI), Peak Season Surcharge (PSI) and Bunker Fuel Adjustments announced levels from the carriers are listed below.
Latin America Logistics
MIQ Logistics offers comprehensive transportation, distribution and global services for supply chains operating in Latin America. We have expertise in managing air, ocean and land transportation for project materials, heavy and oversize pieces, LCL and FCL containers, and break bulk.
Our services, coupled with our personal attention and deep understanding of the region and its customs regulations, ensure supply chains run smoothly.
With MIQ Logistics locations and coverage throughout Latin America, we can work as your regional hub, delivering end-to-end attention to shipments. This coverage also enables greater supply chain flexibility and rapid response times for project logistics or when special needs arise.
EVENTS AND UPDATES
Events we are attending
- Retail Supply Chain Conference 2015 (RILA): 2/22 – 2/25/15, Orlando, FL, Booth 233
- Georgia Logistics Summit 2015: 3/31 – 4/01/15, Atlanta, GA, Booth 18